One thing this virus is doing is forcing us to learn how to connect in many creative ways!
- If you don’t have the Zoom app on your device, go to the app store and click on it to install it. The app is FREE. You do not need to sign up for any sort of plan.
- Before the class, send me and email that you have registered (please do this in advance or at least 10 – 15 minutes before class). You also should receive an email with a link and how to pay for the class, and a liability waiver to initial. Sign up for the class with your credit card, just as you would buy anything online. Click on that link and it will take you to a page that gives you a choice to “allow” and you click allow…which permits you to enter the “waiting room”.
- This will take you right into the Zoom room for class. You will need to wait to be admitted by me once you log in. If you are wondering why I have not admitted you please text (561-386-5392) or call me in the office (561-799-6789) as I may not know you are waiting for me to admit you to the class.
- Find a little microphone icon and click it to allow audio so that you can hear me. There will be the option to mute or unmute yourself. Please mute yourself unless you want to ask me a question.
- I will be there about 15 minutes early to help troubleshoot any tech problems. However, I will be leading the class and if you are dropped (sometimes this happens on Zoom) or you are having other wifi issues I cannot stop teaching and help you. I apologize in advance but cannot be held responsible. Hence the limitations of not being able to meet live!
- Find a little camera icon – that will allow me to see you as you practice.
- Set up your mat, facing me. When it is time to lie down please lie down with your head toward me. Better for me to see face to face and from the head down, rather than see your feet. You’ll need to prop up your phone or laptop or tablet near your head when you lie down so you can hear me. You can play with this in the time before class once you are in the Zoom room. Please arrive at lease 5 – 7 minutes early as you would do for a regular yoga class or group therapy.
- It is understood that you attend the class sober, that you are not under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs and that you are not using them during class. If you are under the influence and arrive live or on Zoom, and do not let Dr. Shafer know this in advance of the class, she is not responsible or may need to take action if she suspects you may be impaired. I am just alerting you as I am concerned for your safety and that of others but cannot be held responsible for actions you take to alter or enhance your mood prior to or during class.
- There is also an option not to allow video, and we would not be able to see you, however you will be able to see me and others in the class. It is your choice.
- Wear comfortable clothes, have a yoga mat, eye covering, a blanket (the body temperature drops during class), and any other props you may want so you can be comfortable. It is suggested to remove belts, bracelets, watches, rings, or eye glasses.
- Have a pen and paper nearby in case you wish to write down things you want to remember from the class.
That’s it! You’re ready to practice Yoga Nidra!
Once you get the hang of Zoom it is very easy. Online Zoom psychotherapy sessions and Nidra classes have been going very well.
You are so close to being done! This is all you need to do, for now!
Take a breath, and let it go with a loooong exhale. You’ve got this!
I hope to see you soon! Bye for now!